Lifestyles are so busy. There’s no time to cook or prepare healthy foods. You grab whatever is quick and easy.
That Snickers candy bar my husband used to grab occasionally fit the bill. It gave him some quick energy, gave his blood sugar a boost and curbed the hunger pangs he had from not taking time to stop for lunch. I’m sure you’ve never experienced such an event, have you?
Snacks can be beneficial for your health.
- Help maintain more even energy levels.
- Help keep a healthier blood sugar level.
- Help reduce the urge to overeat at regular meal times.
- Reduce the risk of digestive issues and obesity.
- Can increase metabolism (combined with proper exercise.)
How many aisles in the traditional grocery store or convenience store are devoted to snack foods? Chips, crackers, cookies and snack bars of all types are there to choose from. Trail mixes and other items filled with chocolate and sugars are sold as health food.
Snack bars are quite popular. They are easy to carry with you and use for that quick fast snack but what is in them? Are they really healthy? Are you ever disappointed?
They sound healthy! Low fat, low carb, high protein, gluten free, dairy free, high energy, low calorie … the list goes on and on. The truth is that many snack bars on the market are full of chemicals, additives, artificial colors, fake fruit, over-roasted nuts and even high-fructose corn syrup.
How do you choose a healthy snack bar?
- A healthy ratio of protein and fiber will curb hunger and provide a satisfied feeling. An example of a healthy ratio would be 10 grams of protein to 5 grams of fiber.
- Zero tolerance for trans fats (hydrogenated oils), MSG, high-fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners and preservatives.
- Real fruits, nuts, seeds and grains with minimum processing provide healthy fats and antioxidants.
- Low glycemic response to help minimize fat storage and promote fat burning.
- What do I mean by low glycemic response? A healthy ratio of protein and carbs to keep your blood sugar level rather than spiking. This gives a longer time of endurance and energy. Total carbs should be no more than 2 ½ times total protein. Those carbs should consist of dietary fiber plus natural unrefined sugar.
- Last, but not least, a healthy snack bar should taste good.
What is your favorite quick convenient snack?
NeoLife just came out with a NEW Snack Bar! The NeoLifeBar!
It tastes amazing, is chewy and crunchy satisfying that craving. The balanced protein, fiber and carbs give a low glycemic response with only 180 calories. Healthy fats provide 320 mg omega-3s along with 17 vitamins and minerals. This bar is gluten free and dairy free as well as has no artificial ingredients, no high fructose corn syrup and no trans fats.
Plan your snacks today with our New NeoLifeBar. Order here.
We just received our first order last week. They are absolutely delicious. We were not disappointed!
Want to hear more about the science and development of this amazing bar. Here is an audio link to its introduction at the recent NeoLife Convention… http://neolifeblog.com/2014/04/anjana-srivastava-at-convention-2014-new-product/
Pat has been married to the same man for 52 years, is the mother of 3 adult children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. Growing up in the country gave her a head start to living a healthy lifestyle. This grandma became interested in nutrition as a mother and for the past 27 plus years she has specialized in teaching others the importance of good nutrition. Challenges along the road have been many; her father overcoming congestive heart failure with nutrition, her husband's battle with GERD and dealing with major heart issues, her daughter's battle with a brain tumor, her grandson beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, her mother's stage 4 lung cancer, her mom-n-law's dementia, and others. Her goal is to empower the future health of others with wisdom, knowledge and common sense so they can have the BEST REAL HEALTH possible.
Partner Up with Pat in having the Best Real Health possible.
Only $69 to join with us and receive 2 bottles of Tre-en-en with your Distributorship (Retail value $82.90)
Typically $49 to join as a Distributor!
The Health and Wellness Revolution is here Now … The Home Business Revolution is here Now
Get Started Right Now! www.bestrealhealth.gnld.net
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2014 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!