You take Krill Oil supplements to fill some gaps in your diet. Are they really what they claim?
Krill Oil is being touted as much better than Salmon Oil by some big name doctors. They say that krill is a high source of omega-3 and also contains astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is a carotenoid antioxidant.
What is krill?
Krill is a tiny, shrimp-like marine animal. The word “krill” means “whale food.”
So what’s the problem with Krill Oil as a supplement?
- Large scale harvesting of krill could affect other marine animals and fish. Ocean animals and fish need a source of omega-3 for survival. Will this large scale harvesting upset their food supply?
- Krill are not part of nature’s blueprint for human nutrition. Nature’s blueprint for humans is to eat things that eat krill.
- Krill appears to mainly supply DHA and EPA. There are 6 other members of the omega-3 family – all necessary for best absorption.
What’s wrong with the astaxanthin in krill?
- Krill have high levels of astaxanthin that appears to be suitable for other sea creatures. This form of astaxanthin is not the same as that in fruit and vegetable carotenoids consumed by humans.
- Humans require other carotenoids such as lutein, xanthophylls, zeaxanthin, Lycopene, etc for proper utilization of any one carotenoid. An example: humans require lutein and xanthophylls to prevent macular degeneration. This is not an issue with marine animals because their eyes are not exposed to sunlight as much as humans.
- High levels of one particular carotenoid can reduce the human body’s ability to absorb other important carotenoids. This is called competitive absorption.
- Free of environmental contamination or accumulated toxins.
- Health screened – disease free – safe for human consumption.
- Standardized and stabilized for guaranteed potency of all 8 fats in the omega-3 family.
- No farmed marine fish or bottom feeders.
How do you decide what omega-3 to take?
- Krill is cheaper to harvest than salmon.
- Poor scientific evidence of bioavailability, utilization, and beneficial effects of krill compared to salmon.
- 30% of krill and other fish oil supplements tested by ConsumerLab.com fell below the standards for freshness and contamination.
- Many products have lower doses of omega-3’s, EPA and DHA than are claimed on the labels.
- Most krill and salmon products contain traces of PCBs.
- Red flags on labels: “pharmaceutical grade” or “FDA approved” – there is no such thing as a pharmaceutical grade omega-3 and the FDA does not evaluate or approve supplements.
- Some omega-3 supplements actually include fillers of cheaper fish – indicated by (other Omega-3’s) on the label.
- Spoilage has even been found in some omega-3 products tested.
Meet the whole family of Omega-3 Fatty Acids – all 8 members. (Each of these fatty acids has their own unique biochemistry and support a “synergistic” role in human omega-3 nutrition.)
- ALA – alpha-linolenic acid
- SDA – stearadonic acid
- ETA(3) – elcosatrienoic acid
- ETA – elcosatetraenoic acid
- EPA – elcosapentaenoic acid
- HPA – henelcosapentaenoic acid
- DPA – docosapentaenoic acid
- DHA – docosahexaenoic acid
What are some of the most important benefits of Omega-3 supplementation?
- Supports optimal function of the heart, blood vessels, brain, nerves, eyes, skin and joints.
- Reduces inflammation that contributes to arthritis, menstrual pain, migraines, psoriasis, inflamed bowel and autoimmune diseases.
- Crucial in the development of infant’s brain and eyes.
- Slows aging of the brain.
- May prevent asthmatic mothers from passing it to their babies.
- Beneficial in reducing postpartum depression, major depression, bipolar disorder, attention deficit, schizophrenia, memory and cognitive loss.
- Not the best source of omega-3 – not complete. If any part of the omega-3 family is missing it is not as effective.
- Astaxanthin is not the best source of carotenoids for humans.
Do you take an omega-3 supplement? If so, why do you take it? Are you comfortable with the source? Who is your fisherman?
It has been said “If you don’t know your diamonds, know your jeweler!”
- Based on pure, natural salmon oil.
- Each serving (3 capsules) is equivalent to approximately one serving of fresh salmon.
- Includes UHPO3 (Ultra High Potency Omega-3 fatty acids) – an exclusive GNLD technology that boosts, stabilizes, and standardizes omega-3 levels while maintain the whole food qualities of fresh salmon.
- The 1st supplement of its kind to assure standardized amounts of all 8 members of the omega-3 family involved in human nutrition.
- Made with leading edge technology that delivers potency, purity, and consistency.
- No risk of toxins. Only top quality, healthy-screened, disease-free fish selected for human consumption are used.
- Screened for over 200 potential contaminants with a ZERO tolerance of detection.
- Potency guaranteed to deliver what is on the label.
Order NeoLife Salmon Oil Plus right here: Click here!
Listen to more info about NeoLife Salmon Oil Plus!
Join The NeoLife Club and Save! Buy at my cost!
Let's connect on Facebook!
Pat has been married to the same man for 52 years, is the mother of 3 adult children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. Growing up in the country gave her a head start to living a healthy lifestyle. This grandma became interested in nutrition as a mother and for the past 27 plus years she has specialized in teaching others the importance of good nutrition. Challenges along the road have been many; her father overcoming congestive heart failure with nutrition, her husband's battle with GERD and dealing with major heart issues, her daughter's battle with a brain tumor, her grandson beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, her mother's stage 4 lung cancer, her mom-n-law's dementia, and others. Her goal is to empower the future health of others with wisdom, knowledge and common sense so they can have the BEST REAL HEALTH possible.
Partner Up with Pat in having the Best Real Health possible.
Only $69 to join with us and receive 2 bottles of Tre-en-en with your Distributorship (Retail value $82.90)
Typically $49 to join as a Distributor! www.bestrealhealth.gnld.net
The Health and Wellness Revolution is here Now … The Home Business Revolution is here Now!
Get Started Right Now! Join the New NeoLife Club!
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2014 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!