Leaky Gut Syndrome – what is it?
Inflammation, autoimmune disease, digestion and leaky gut syndrome – what’s the connection?
What is leaky gut syndrome?
- A commonly misunderstood and undiagnosed disease
A condition that allows your body to absorb undigested food and bacterial toxins into the circulatory system causing such conditions as:
- Picture a leak in the wall of the small intestine – not a pretty picture! You do not literally have holes in your intestines but effectively it is the same thing.
- Typically most of the conditions listed above are related to either inflammation or an overactive immune system.
- First let’s talk about inflammation – classic signs are pain, heat, redness, swelling and/or loss of function. Examples of this could be rheumatoid arthritis or IBS.
- Inflammation is a protective attempt by your body to remove something causing injury. This could be infection from foreign substances like bacteria, viruses or toxins.
- Inflammation is the body trying to initiate the healing process
- Now let’s talk about autoimmune disease. This is when your body’s immune system gets confused and attacks or destroys healthy body tissue
- There are more than 80 types of autoimmune diseases… so you can see this is a very big subject!
- Some consequences can be:
- Destruction of body tissue
- Abnormal function of an organ – can even be major organs like heart, lungs, kidneys, joints, skin or even the brain
- One of the major causes of autoimmune disease is a breakdown in your digestive tract
A breakdown in your digestive tract can lead to:
- Food sensitivities or intolerances
- Damage to the lining of the small intestine
- Compromises your ability to digest food properly
- Compromised stomach acid causing malnutrition
- Overuse of antacids most likely compromises stomach acid
- Antibiotics compromises both stomach acid and intestinal bacteria
- Bacteria overgrowth
- Undigested carbohydrates provides an environment for harmful bacteria overgrowth
- Undigested sugars prevent nutrients from getting into the blood stream
- You are deprived of energy, minerals and vitamins because of the rapid transit of food/nutrients
- Limit the use of alcohol
- Toxin accumulation in the blood of alcoholics is 5 times higher than in non-alcoholics
- Use NSAIDS with caution
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) include aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve and Nuprin
- NSAIDS inhibit a protective enzyme that protects the stomach lining
- NSAIDS can lead to stomach ulcers and/or intestinal bleeding
- Increase your intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Most likely you will need daily supplementation in addition to a rich omega-3 diet.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids are critical to protect against and heal inflammation
- Treat your digestive tract to hydrochloric acid and pancreatic enzyme supplementation
- It is a well known fact that your body naturally slows production of hydrochloric acid and pancreatic enzymes as you age.
- Supplementation of hydrochloric acid and pancreatic enzymes
- Decreases allergic responses to foods
- Assists in balancing blood sugar
- Helps reduce inflammation
The common link in leaky gut syndrome is basically digestion.
- Most generally when your digestive tract is healthy you will not be bothered with leaky gut issues.
- Once leaky gut is causing health issues like inflammation and autoimmune diseases it will take extra effort to get it in control and lessen the symptoms.
- Start by avoiding intolerant foods and other irritants
- Use supplementation to assist your digestive tract and supply needed nutrients on a regular basis
- Many anti-inflammatory and autoimmune diseases are associated with the aging process. Because of poor diets, overuse of medications/antibiotics and digestive issues we are starting to see more and more of these diseases appearing at younger ages.
Some interesting information about depression
Leaky gut syndrome, inflammation, autoimmune disease and poor digestion are very common in people with depression.
Watch for my next blog – more tips on leaky gut syndrome and following an anti-inflammatory diet … coming soon!
Mean while take steps today to avoid or reverse leaky gut syndrome – there is no need for you to suffer needlessly.
Contact me now to discuss the best program for you.
NeoLife Beta-Zyme – number 1 supplement for Digestion
- Contains natural sources of both hydrochloric acid and pancreatic enzymes
- Supports digestion of carbohydrates, including lactose, fats and proteins
- Addresses the causes of improper intestinal digestion, not just the symptoms
One person was having trouble losing weight. Once she started using NeoLife Beta-Zyme on a regular basis and got her digestive tract working more normally, she was able to lose weight and continue its management.
NeoLife Beta-Zyme was the NeoLife product that introduced us to NeoLife. What a difference it has made!
Please keep in mind when you first start using NeoLife Beta-Zyme, elimination habits may go through interesting changes for a few days. Do not allow this to discourage you as healthier digestion sets in.
- Testing showed a 68% reduction in inflammation over a period of 8 weeks
- Zero detection of toxins including mercury
- Supports optimal function of body tissues and organs; notably the heart, blood vessels, brain, nerves, eyes, skin and joints
Reduces pain by reducing inflammation
My husband used to have trouble with high blood pressure even in his 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. When he started taking NeoLife Salmon Oil Plus, after 3 months of regular use, he was able to discontinue use of blood pressure meds for over 20 years.
Join The NeoLife Club and Save! Buy at my cost!
Let's connect on Facebook!
Pat has been married to the same man for 52 years, is the mother of 3 adult children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. Growing up in the country gave her a head start to living a healthy lifestyle. This grandma became interested in nutrition as a mother and for the past 27 plus years she has specialized in teaching others the importance of good nutrition. Challenges along the road have been many; her father overcoming congestive heart failure with nutrition, her husband's battle with GERD and dealing with major heart issues, her daughter's battle with a brain tumor, her grandson beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, her mother's stage 4 lung cancer, her mom-n-law's dementia, and others. Her goal is to empower the future health of others with wisdom, knowledge and common sense so they can have the BEST REAL HEALTH possible.
Partner Up with Pat in having the Best Real Health possible.
Only $69 to join with us and receive 2 bottles of Tre-en-en with your Distributorship (Retail value $82.90)
Typically $49 to join as a Distributor! www.bestrealhealth.gnld.net
The Health and Wellness Revolution is here Now … The Home Business Revolution is here Now!
Get Started Right Now! Join the New NeoLife Club!
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2014 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!