Ahh… that bite of soothing bitter/sweet taste of dark chocolate… add the crunchy/creamy peanut butter taste… what a yummy snack! “Should I or should I not?”
When I grew up, snacking or eating between meals was unheard of. It would ruin my appetite for the next meal. We ate 3 meals a day and that was that.
When my children were growing up they ate an after school snack. It was not food they carried around the house but they sat at the kitchen table and had their glass of milk and 2 cookies. Yes, I was a mean mommy that rationed the cookies.
I still am of a mind set to ration snack foods. Just recently our daughter and son-in-law were visiting. I had made some delicious oatmeal, chocolate chip, raisin cookies. (Yes, I do make cookies but only for special occasions or as an occasional treat.) I served one cookie for each of us. My son-in-law hinted at having a second cookie. I told him that we just eat one at a time. They were good sized cookies so I felt one was adequate. He said, “I thought that was probably the case, but they were really good, a second one would go down really easy!” Should I have been a nice mom-in-law and let him have another cookie?
Snack type foods are BIG business.
- Impulse snack foods are plentiful at grocery store checkout aisles. Convenience stores are filled with snack foods. Vending machines line hallways of office buildings, schools, and other businesses. Health bars are plentiful. They range from being loaded with sugar and carbs to maybe being on the healthy side.
- Busy lifestyles create a need for quick, easy, convenient snacks just to get through the day. Most families eat an average of one meal together around the family kitchen or dining table. There seems to be no time to have 3 meals a day.
- Coffee breaks seem to call for snacks.
- Working late at the computer calls for snack foods.
- We ease long commutes eating snacks while we drive.
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a yummy snack?
- Peanut Butter?
- Ice cream?
- or “What can I grab quickly?”
Why do you want a yummy snack? Here’s where you have to be honest with yourself. Do you eat to live or live to eat?
- Low energy?
- Break time?
What should be in a healthy snack and why?
Number 1 is Protein
Number 2 is Healthy Fats
- Provides lubrication to the body
- Believe it or not, improves metabolism
- Satisfies hunger longer
Number 3 is Healthy Carbs
- Gives the quick energy boost
- Spares the protein for a more even blood sugar and energy level
Number 4 is Good taste
- Needs no explanation
It is important to include Protein, Healthy Fats and Healthy Carbs in all snacks. These 3 items should be in the right balance for the best nutritional benefit. Remember this and think about it – it is important snack stuff!
What are your favorite snacks? How many meals do you actually eat sitting down each day? How many meals do you replace with snack type foods each day? Let me know your answers to these questions in the comment section below.
Now for our Big Introduction!
… And just think of all these great benefits
- Delicious yummy dark chocolate and crunchy/creamy peanut butter
- Satisfies hunger for several hours
- Provides long-lasting energy
- Helps minimize fat storage – promotes fat burning
- Keeps blood sugar level and steady – safe for diabetics
- Fits perfectly in the NeoLife Weight Management Program or in most any other weight management program
- Gluten free – low sodium – dairy free – Kosher
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives
- 10 grams protein – 5 grams fiber – 250 mg omega-3s
- Has antioxidants as well as 17 vitamins and minerals
- Provides flavanols, plant sourced omega-3 ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) and lignans that support digestive and cardiovascular health as well as normal blood sugar
- Supports healthy circulation for a healthy heart and brain
- Great for the entire family
Snack smarter with the right combination of protein, carbs, fiber, fat, and delicious taste!
“Hmm! Maybe I will!”
What's in it for You?
Hope for Better Health and a Better Future!
Pat has been married to the same man for 53 plus years, is the mother of 3 adult children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. Growing up in the country gave her a head start to living a healthy lifestyle. This grandma became interested in nutrition as a mother and for the past 29 plus years she has specialized in teaching others the importance of good nutrition. Challenges along the road have been many; her father overcoming congestive heart failure with nutrition, her husband's battle with GERD and dealing with major heart issues, her daughter's battle with a brain tumor, her grandson beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, her mother's stage 4 lung cancer, her mom-n-law's dementia, and others. Her goal is to empower the future health of others with wisdom, knowledge and common sense so they can have the BEST REAL HEALTH possible.
Partner Up with Pat in having the Best Real Health possible.
Only $69 to join with us and receive 2 bottles of Tre-en-en with your Distributorship (Retail value $82.90)
Typically $49 to join as a Distributor! www.bestrealhealth.gnld.net
The Health and Wellness Revolution is here Now … The Home Business Revolution is here Now!
Get Started Right Now! Join the New NeoLife Club!
Learn how to earn Free product and even have a good chance to win $1000 cash!
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2015 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!