Every single living organism on this earth requires water to stay alive.
If you take a glass of water and look at it’s contents, you’ll find water is made of a small, but very powerful parcel of molecules. These molecules have a unique combination your body thirsts for every moment of every day.
You may walk around life totally oblivious to the fact you are thirsty. You might complain of a sore back, sore throat , headache or feel tired, depressed or sick. Water is sometimes all you need to pull you out of this slump of discomfort.
The Scientific Makeup of Water
Water is composed of atoms and these tiny particles are made from awesome elements from the Periodical Chart, encompassing two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. This completes it’s elemental composition, giving it the name H20.
The word “hydrogen” got it’s name from the Greek language, if
you split up the word….
“Hydro” means “water” and “gen” means “generate”.
Interestingly enough, water generates hydro!
Water has commonly been known as the elixir of life, so there are so many good reasons to drink water!
Here are 20 reasons why drinking water is important …
- Helps to moisturize skin.
- Decreasing the risk of heart attack by thinning the blood.
- Helps to lower blood pressure.
- Cures a headache, one glass is sometimes all it takes.
- Takes away fatigue and lethargy.
- Relieves hunger pains and aides in weight loss by curbing appetite.
- Great for flushing toxins out of cells and keeping them plump.
- Great for reducing some risks of cancer like colon, bladder and breast.
- Excellent for replenishing after exercise from sweating.
- Helps for cell function by transporting nutrients.
- Excellent for lubricating and cushion joints and sometimes eliminates joint pain.
- Excellent for flushing the digestive system, making it easier on digestion.
- Great for heartburn relief.
- Great for hydrating your scalp and promoting hair growth.
- Helps to prevent constipation and the uncomfortable feelings that go along with elimination.
- Helps regulate body temperature.
- Helps with muscle cramps from dehydration.
- Helps to clear your thinking.
- Helps to eliminate stress.
- Helps depression.
If at least 70 percent of your body contains water, you need to keep hydrated! You need to pay attention to when you are thirsty, especially as you age because we tend to lose our sense of thirst. It’s best to follow a healthy guideline of 6 to 8 cups of water daily and when exercising drink more.
The next time you are hungry, have sore joints, stomach issues, headache, stress or depression try having a glass of water!
Your body may be trying to tell you something.
What would you do if your plant was dry and wilted?
Most people would water it right away.
We humans have a similar nature, sometimes minor ailments can be cured just by simply drinking more water!
Add water to your routine by drinking water frequently throughout your day..
Gill Fisher is Ultra Marathoner, a passionate runner, a motivator and coach for new runners.
She has an informative running blog at Runningmy.com
Connect with Gill on her Blog at RunningMySpace
Gill Fisher is a guest blogger for Best Real Health! We are happy to have her join us. In the comment section below, let Gill know how much water you drink daily and tell her about your exercise routine.
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2014 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!