Is Spring really here? It seems to me that Winter was so…. long! What about you, are you tired of Winter and really ready for Spring?
What does Spring mean to you?
- Spring is a time of renewal… a time for refreshing
- Spring is the planting season
- Birds sing … flowers bloom
Does Spring cleaning excite you and make you excited to spring into action?
- Are you like me and put it off as long as you can?
- Talk about a “dirty job” but “somebody’s gotta do it” – maybe you could contact Mike Rowe…
- For me, it’s the getting started that’s hard. Once I get started, I actually enjoy the Spring like cleanness and freshness my house takes on.
What needs to happen in order to spring into action with ‘Spring cleaning?’
- Know what you need to clean
- Have the right tools
- Have the right cleaners
- An action plan needs to be in place
- How thoroughly to clean
- How much time can you devote?
Now I am not a cleaning expert nor am I a clean freak. However in my almost 72 years I’ve been around the house a few times so I might be able to offer a few tips to make the job of cleaning easier.
- Tidy up and put things away where they belong before starting. Perhaps you will need to throw some things away, donate or store things in a safe place ready for their next use.
- Work from top to bottom or in some cases from dirtiest to cleanest … get the dirty stuff out of the way first for more reasons than one
Hint: have plenty of clean, cleaning rags on hand and use a clean rag frequently
- Do one room at a time although sometimes I clean like items at the same time. For instance, I tend to clean all the bathroom sinks and toilets in the same time slot as they use similar tools and supplies. I tend to clean all the mirrors or windows in the house at the same time.
- Pace yourself for each major task; otherwise you may end up with only one room clean at the end of the day. It is so easy to get distracted while cleaning.
Recently I was busy vacuuming a bedroom and glanced at a shelf in the closet. A small labeled box caught my eye. An hour later my husband peeped in the door wondering what I was doing. There I was, caught up looking at the contents of that box … great treasures and keepsakes (actually some old photos I had forgotten about). Important stuff, but it needed to be put on my list for another time so I could finish cleaning. Has that ever happened to you?
- Delegate – engage other family members to help with certain tasks if that is possible. My great and wonderful hubby is retired and has his own things he likes to do, especially outside. However when I include him in my cleaning plans he is a major help. Yes, he is physically stronger and taller than I am so he is very helpful with some of those heavy duty cleaning tasks. You know, he also is thrilled when I offer to help him with his projects. There is a lot of synergy in working together.
- A few years ago we purchased a new king sized mattress for our master bedroom. It is really thick and heavy. For the first several years I struggled every day making the bed and hated to wash the sheets because it was such a task to remake that bed from scratch. Now hubby helps me… wow, do we synergize when making the bed on a daily basis as well as when it is time to change the sheets.
- We have a log house with open log beams. Well those beams do collect things and are difficult to clean. The best tool we have found is a shop vacuum with long hoses, etc. Hubby comes in really handy when it comes to handling that shop vacuum and those hard to reach places.
- Just how can spring cleaning be healthy?
- Think of all the exercise you will get – I believe its called movement – we are even being told to do office work standing up or walking on a treadmill, it is all the rage
- I don’t know about you, but I am motivated by having a clean, tidy environment – it makes my brain function better
- Just getting rid of dust and not allowing mold to set in is much healthier than breathing it
- While you’re at it … why not choose healthy, safe cleaning products
- 100% biodegradable ingredients – what does this mean?
- Compatible with the cycle of life – originates from nature and can go back to nature and start the cycle over without causing harm to anyone or anything along the way
- Concentrated – get more bang for your buck by using appropriate dilutions for different jobs
- Less shelf and under the sink clutter
- Non-toxic and no harsh chemicals
- I hate wearing those masks for protection of strong, toxic chemicals – I guess I’m a bit claustrophobic
- Many years ago I almost killed myself trying to clean a shower. I mixed ammonia and bleach in a spray bottle and sprayed the entire walk-in shower. Thankfully I got out of that small space when I realized I didn’t feel so well, opened a window and let things air out before finishing the cleaning job… I escaped with only a headache for the next 3 or 4 days
- I learned the hard way how important it is to use safe, non-toxic cleaners
Don’t put off ‘Springing into Action’ with your Spring cleaning any longer
- Get your plan of action together
- Gather all your tools and supplies
- Set a time to begin
- Just do it and enjoy the Joy of a clean house
Having a clean house can make everything else you do more efficient and more effective.
How often do you do so called Spring cleaning and what tips can you add to mine? Surely you must have a more efficient system for your Spring cleaning? Let me know in the comment section below.
Just so you know, these are the products I’ve used for years… actually 29 plus years. Let me share these healthy, safe, non-toxic, biodegradable cleaners:
Golden Home Care Products
Distributed by GNLD
Safe for every cleaning job from bathing the baby to cleaning the car engine
- Completely free-rinsing
- Digs out dirt
- Gentle enough for fine fabrics or personal care
- Economical: dilute for months of household use
- Versatile: cleans floors, dishes, fine washables and much more
- Makes water “wetter” and penetrates grease
- 100% biodegradable … phosphate-free
- Industrial strength, yet safe for you and your home … harmless to any surface where it’s safe to use water
- 3-way action … penetrates, dissolves, emulsifies
- Versatile & economical … does the job of dozen of specialty household cleaners at a fraction of the cost
- Effective on every job from removing stubborn stains in fabrics to cleaning garage floors
- Concentrated … a little bit goes a long way
- Free-rinsing … leaves no sticky residue
- 100% biodegradable … phosphate-free
- Eliminates the need for various specialty soaps
- Contains Kelpro … exclusive organic protein base; for effective, gentle cleansing
- Versatile & economical … highly concentrated, just a small amount is needed for effective results
- Neutral pH … fully compatible with human skin, even delicate baby skin … I even use it to wash my eyes out twice a day to help dry eyes
- Non-drying … cleans hands and leaves them soft … use it in the bath or shower and even for bathing your pet
- “Invisible gloves” protect hands … rub on like lotion prior to gardening or “dirty jobs” … provides great protection that washes off
- Free-rinsing … leaves no sticky residue
- 100% biodegradable
- Biocatalytic formula … contains biazyme, biologically active enzyme for accelerated cleaning power
- Economical … concentrated, goes up to 8 times farther than ordinary detergents
- Powerful … outperformed leading U.S. brand in independent laboratory tests
- Free-rinsing … no residue left in fabrics to cause graying or irritate tender skin
- Low pH … slightly alkaline pH, just enough to neutralize body acids in clothing
- Controlled suds … will not impair the washing efficiency of automatic machines … I have used this in my front-loading machine for over 12 years even though the machine instructions say to use only liquid laundry detergent … no problems
- Helps prevent corrosion … valuable washing machine parts and plumbing are protected … G-One will not cause detergent scum build-up on tubs or in pumps
- 100% biodegradable … returns to its original natural components after use
What's in it for You?
Hope for Better Health and a Better Future!
Pat has been married to the same man for 53 years, is the mother of 3 adult children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. Growing up in the country gave her a head start to living a healthy lifestyle. This grandma became interested in nutrition as a mother and for the past 27 plus years she has specialized in teaching others the importance of good nutrition. Challenges along the road have been many; her father overcoming congestive heart failure with nutrition, her husband's battle with GERD and dealing with major heart issues, her daughter's battle with a brain tumor, her grandson beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, her mother's stage 4 lung cancer, her mom-n-law's dementia, and others. Her goal is to empower the future health of others with wisdom, knowledge and common sense so they can have the BEST REAL HEALTH possible.
Partner Up with Pat in having the Best Real Health possible.
Only $69 to join with us and receive 2 bottles of Tre-en-en with your Distributorship (Retail value $82.90)
Typically $49 to join as a Distributor! www.bestrealhealth.gnld.net
The Health and Wellness Revolution is here Now … The Home Business Revolution is here Now!
Get Started Right Now! Join the New NeoLife Club!
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2015 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!