A toxic brain for the sake of this article is a brain that has been exposed to various toxins in the environment or the food you eat.
Fat throughout the body can be a storage place for toxins which includes your brain. Your brain is at least 60% fat.
- Yes, daily you breathe in toxins from the environment that could affect the health of your brain.
- Yes, daily you eat food and drink fluids that most likely are toxic.
- You would have to live in a bubble to avoid exposure to toxins and nobody wants to do that. Even then you might have to consider what the bubble is made of and if you are breathing toxic materials from the bubble itself.
- Avoid exposure to pesticides and other toxins. A study was conducted in Mexico of children who had been exposed to high levels of pesticides. It affected their fine eye-hand coordination as well as their memory recall.
- Do not use aluminum cookware, aluminum foil, or aluminum cans. There is evidence that aluminum in the brain may contribute to dementia. Even aluminum containing antacids, pain relievers, deodorants, baking powders, and anti-caking agents in salt can contribute to accumulation of aluminum in the brain.
- Limit the use of plastics. BPA is used in plastics to make them flexible. You will find it in plastic cups, water bottles, office water coolers, microwave trays, and plastic linings in canning containers. Rats exposed to BPA become less active, avoid loud noise and strong light, and had signs of estrogen in their brains. These estrogen properties have been associated with migraine attacks.
- Drink green tea. The polyphenols in green tea have been found to promote brain performance and protect brain cells from toxins and brain diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- High levels of homocysteine have been associated with cognitive impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer’s. It has been shown that supplementation with a combination of B6, B12, and folic acid over a 2 year period has reduced homocysteine levels and reduced brain shrinkage compared to no supplementation.
- Refined sugars can interfere with signaling systems in the brain. This can distort the way your brain and body handles insulin which may lead to what is known as ‘type 3’ diabetes or Alzheimer’s. You may not think of sugar as a toxin but in reality, it is.
- Oxidized fats and hydrogenated oils (trans fats) are damaging to brain cells. Healthy oils, especially omega-3’s like salmon oil will displace the bad fats in your brain. Studies have shown that a diet adequate in omega-3 has been known to help prevent mood swings associated with bi-polar disorder, depression, and schizophrenia. NeoLife’s Salmon Oil Plus provides the entire family of omega-3’s in the purest form available in the marketplace.
- Essential fatty acids, the omega-6’s and omega-3’s from unrefined wheat, rice and soy provide the healthy fats that make your cell walls soft, pliable and healthy. A healthy cell wall allows nutrients to get in and toxins to get out. NeoLife’s Tre-en-en as found in ProVitality+ supplies these critical nutrients that are not found in any other whole food supplement.
- Get adequate sleep and rest. Quality sleep helps the brain detox. Your brain must have an opportunity to reboot, defrag, and reformat in order to solve problems and do its job. Repeated sleep deprivation has been associated with early onset Alzheimer’s and/or dementia.
- Stay active! A brain that is active is less likely to shrink and show signs of aging.
As you can determine from the above information, there are things you can do to reduce your risk of a toxic brain. Reducing your risk of a toxic brain reduces your risk of developing brain disorders such as dementia, Alzheimer’s, schizophrenia, bi-polar, or even mood disorders.
A note about homocysteine:
- High blood homocysteine may be one of the most consistent risk symptoms for heart disease, especially sudden death heart failure in young people. High homocysteine levels are linked to nutrient deficiencies of folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- Homocysteine levels in the blood are not currently included in routine heart related blood tests. It is my opinion these levels should be routinely tested. You can request to have your homocysteine levels tested however it is expensive and your insurance might not pay for it.
- I personally supplement with NeoLife’s Lipotropic Adjunct. Lipotropic Adjunct was formulated to help breakdown fats in the blood, balance cholesterol, and lower homocysteine levels.
- Studies have shown that supplementation with quality B-vitamins such as in Lipotropic Adjunct has been shown to lower homocysteine levels to normal within six weeks.
What are you doing to protect your brain from accumulating toxins? What are you doing to prevent brain shrinkage as discussed in this blog and my previous blog "Do You Want A Fat Brain?"
As I ended my last blog “Are you going to be all there when you get there?”
Pat has been married to the same man for 52 years, is the mother of 3 adult children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. Growing up in the country gave her a head start to living a healthy lifestyle. This grandma became interested in nutrition as a mother and for the past 27 plus years she has specialized in teaching others the importance of good nutrition. Challenges along the road have been many; her father overcoming congestive heart failure with nutrition, her husband's battle with GERD and dealing with major heart issues, her daughter's battle with a brain tumor, her grandson beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, her mother's stage 4 lung cancer, her mom-n-law's dementia, and others. Her goal is to empower the future health of others with wisdom, knowledge and common sense so they can have the BEST REAL HEALTH possible.
Partner Up with Pat in having the Best Real Health possible.
Only $69 to join with us and receive 2 bottles of Tre-en-en with your Distributorship (Retail value $82.90)
Typically $49 to join as a Distributor!
The Health and Wellness Revolution is here Now … The Home Business Revolution is here Now
Get Started Right Now! www.bestrealhealth.gnld.net
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2014 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!