Wonderful news for people who experience gluten sensitivity! Based on recent test results, both NeoLife Tre-en-en Grain Concentrates and NeoLife ProVitality+ are gluten free. They meet the standard recently established by the USDA.
Yummy! The goodness of gluten!
It is a protein found in foods made from wheat, barley, rye and many other grains. It gives elasticity to dough which helps it rise, keep its shape and usually gives bread a nice chewy texture.
Just exactly why are people having problems with gluten?
1. Over consumption of grain products.
2. Low levels of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
3. Low levels of digestive enzymes.
4. Out of balance bacteria in the lower intestinal tract.
5. Inflammation of the digestive tract.
How can you know Celiac Disease could be your problem?
Any one or a combination of these conditions can be an indicator of something not quite right.
- Abdominal bloating and pain
- Chronic diarrhea
- Pale, foul-smelling stool
- Unexplained weight change
- Irritability and behavioral issues
- Iron deficiency
- Bone or joint pain
- Bone loss or osteoporosis
- Depression or anxiety
- Tingling numbness in the hands and/or feet
- Seizures or migraines
- Canker sores inside the mouth
- Dry itchy skin conditions
Is tossing that gluten out really going to be worth it?
Avoidance of foods containing gluten is usually how most people deal with Celiac Disease. They become label readers, staying away from most grain products as well as processed foods. This takes a great deal of effort and self control.
Most foods made from wheat, oats, spelt, barley or rye contain gluten. Gluten free grains are quinoa, rice, millet and corn. Some gluten free baked goods are made with almond meal or bean flours.
Keep in mind that wheat is often used as a filler in ground meats, sauces, gravies and desserts. Soy sauce is a very common offender.
Needless to say it is often somewhat challenging to avoid gluten in your every day diet. Yet it is definitely the best and fastest way to have relief from the uncomfortable symptoms.
Avoidance of gluten containing foods for a period of time should show an improvement in symptoms. You may notice improvement after only a week or it may take weeks or possibly even months to reverse the symptoms.
Avoidance of food groups can lead to an imbalance of nutrients so that can be another concern. Deficiency of some nutrients can be addressed with quality supplements.
5 Steps to take when you suspect gluten intolerance.
1. Reduce the consumption of all grain products except for the possibility of sprouted grain products. Sprouted grain bread is made from grains that have been sprouted. Sprouting turns the grain into little plants making them easier to digest. These products are normally only available in the refrigerated section of health food stores. Most of them are flourless but it is important to read the labels making sure they are truly made only from sprouted grains or legumes. Even though the sprouted grain products are easier to digest, eat them in moderation.
2. Supplement with NeoLife Betagest. Betagest is a “controlled-release” hydrochloric acid. It is plant-sourced with acid-stable enzymes to assist digestion of protein and lactose. Betagest addresses the underlying causes of indigestion in the stomach, not just the symptoms.
3. Supplement with NeoLife Enzyme Digestive Aid. It is a high-potency mixture of plant-derived enzymes for protein, fat and carbohydrate digestion. NeoLife’s ‘Targeted Delivery Technology’ assures the active enzymes reach your intestines for better absorption and assimilation of nutrients. Enzymes are in food naturally however heat, storage and processing deplete these natural enzymes.
4. Supplement with NeoLife’s Acidophilus Plus. This high tech probiotic is designed to survive the stomach acid and deliver over 5 billion live organisms directly to the intestines. Any prescription drug, especially antibiotics, and food high in sugar are primary causes of depletion of good bacteria in your intestines.
5. Supplement with NeoLife’s ProVitality+. It is a Gluten Free whole food supplement from grains, fruits, vegetables and fish plus essential vitamins and minerals. NeoLife ProVitality+ is the absolute best way to guarantee cellular nutrition.
When a particular food group is left out of your daily diet you are at risk of developing long term health problems. This can be a serious side effect of gluten avoidance. You do need to look at the whole picture.
ProVitality+ will reduce your risk of developing serious illness by filling the nutrient gaps. Meanwhile you can experience:
- More energy
- Powerful antioxidant protection
- Improved heart health
- A stronger immune system
- Healthier brain function
- Improved joint health
- Better eye health
- More youthful skin, hair and nails
- Improved health at the cellular level
- A slowing of the aging process
The test results of ProVitality+ being Gluten Free is no big surprise to me. In my over 27 years of experience with NeoLife products people with all types of food intolerances have been helped.
If your digestion is compromised by gluten intolerance, traveling, overeating, obesity, prescription drugs or any other reason add these products to your order:
Pat has been married to the same man for 52 years, is the mother of 3 adult children, and grandma to 8 grandchildren. Growing up in the country gave her a head start to living a healthy lifestyle. This grandma became interested in nutrition as a mother and for the past 27 plus years she has specialized in teaching others the importance of good nutrition. Challenges along the road have been many; her father overcoming congestive heart failure with nutrition, her husband's battle with GERD and avoiding a major heart attack, her daughter's battle with a brain tumor, her grandson beating Hodgkin's Lymphoma, her mother's stage 4 lung cancer, her mom-n-law's dementia, and others. Her goal is to empower the future health of others with wisdom, knowledge and common sense so they can have the BEST REAL HEALTH possible.
Join Pat in having the Best Real Health possible.
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2013 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!